Closing Date: 03 January 2022
Salary: TASK T13 (R358 068,00 per annum)
- National Diploma/ NQF Level 6 in Civil Engineering.
- 3 Years’ experience in road maintenance or road construction.
- Proficiency in two of the three official languages of the Western Cape (Afrikaans/English/Xhosa).
- Valid code B drivers license.
- Computer proficiency in MS Word/Excel/Power Point (MS Office) computer package.
Knowledge of Civil Designer, AllyCad and MS Projects.
Professional Registration with the Engineering Council of South Africa (ECSA) as PrTechni
Specific experience in the construction of concrete structures
The successful candidate shall be responsible for functions in road maintenance and concrete structures, including:
Application Form (492.43KB)
Last published 06 December 2021
- Cconstruction and general maintenance: Surveying, design, estimating, setting-out, supervision at roads and structures.
Oversee maintenance works and systems, including upgrades, regravel, reseal, pavement systems, road sign inventory.
Processing of Planning applications: Assist with road closures, land use, proclamations & wayleaves.
Compilation of tender specifications.
Quality control for road construction and maintenance projects, incl. implementation of national legislation and the Department of Transport & Public Works’ standards applicable to Roads and Stormwater maintenance
Liaison with public.